Table of Contents
Any Gamer doesn’t want to compromise on performance or graphics quality. However, finding the best gaming laptops that suits your budget, can be challenging. Especially if you have a limited Bank Balance to spend.
We will review some of the best gaming laptops under 800 dollars that are available in the market right now, and compare their details, so you can make an informed decision. If anyone of the device went out of stock we update the list immediately that’s why you should Bookmark Gadget Gazette’s article.
Gadget Gazette Top Picks
After testing and checking many laptops we found some of the best gaming laptops under $800 that you can buy:
Acer Nitro 5 – Our Choice among the Best Gaming Laptops Under 800 dollars
|Features||Specs||Pros||Cons||New cell||Network||Intel Killer Ethernet, Killer Wifi 6||New cell||Display||15.6″ LED, (1920 x 1080) pixels 144Hz||New cell||CPU||Core i5-12500H, 12 Cores, 16 Threads, Turbo 4.5 Ghz||New cell||GPU||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 4 GB GDDR6||New cell||RAM||8 GB DDR4 SDRAM||New cell||Storage||512 GB SSD NVME||New cell||Extra||Backlit Keyboard, Thunderbolt 4 port|
This is the beast gaming laptop with 144Hz display . The Acer Nitro 5 is a powerful and reliable gaming laptop designed for gamers who want to experience seamless gaming performance. This laptop is powered by an 12th Gen Intel processor, making it great for gamers who are looking for a smooth gaming experience. The laptop has a full-sized backlit keyboard, which makes it easy to use in low-light room. The laptop’s touchpad is responsive and accurate. The laptop has a sturdy build quality, which makes it durable and long-lasting. It’s Gadget Gazette’s recommended choice to buy. We advice you to add up a small amount to buy it with 16 GB RAM.
Gigabyte G5 GD – Great Value
|Features||Specs||Pros||Cons||New cell||Network||LAN, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth||New cell||Display||15.6″ LED, (1920 x 1080) pixels 144Hz||New cell||CPU||Core i5-11400H, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, Turbo 4.5 Ghz||New cell||GPU||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 4 GB GDDR6||New cell||RAM||16 GB DDR4 SDRAM||New cell||Storage||512 GB SSD NVME||New cell||Extra||Backlit Keyboard, Anti Glare Coating|
This laptop features an Intel Core i5-11400H processor with six cores base at 2.7 GHz and a turbo boost up to 4.5 GHz, which can handle most games and tasks with ease.
The Gigabyte G5 GD has a 15.6-inch full HD IPS display with a 144 Hz refresh rate, which delivers clear and fluid visuals. With it’s 16 GB DDR4 RAM, it delivers hassle free performance & speed for your games and files. It also has a required ports like HDMI port, USB-C Gen 2, three USB-A Gen1 ,2 ,3 ports, an Ethernet port, a headphone jack, and an SD card reader.
Lenovo Legion 5 15
|Features||Specs||Pros||Cons||New cell||Network||Ethernet, Wifi 6||New cell||Display||15.6″, (1920 x 1080) pixels 120Hz||New cell||CPU||Ryzen 5 5600H, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, Turbo 4.2 GHz||New cell||GPU||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti 4 GB GDDR6||New cell||RAM||8 GB DDR4 SDRAM||New cell||Storage||512 GB SSD NVME||New cell||Extra||Anti-Glare, FreeSync|
Another Beast in features an AMD Ryzen 5 5600H processor turbo boost up to 4.2 GHz, which can handle all type of tasks and games. It has the best GPU RTX 3050 TI which is faster than normal 3050 GPU. The Lenovo Legion 5 has a 15.6-inch full HD display with 120Hz refresh rate, that provides you managed higher refresh rate in this budget.
Victus by HP 15
|Features||Specs||Pros||Cons||New cell||Network||Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth||New cell||Display||15.6″ LED, (1920 x 1080) pixels 60Hz||New cell||CPU||Core i5-12500H, 12 Cores, 16 Threads, Turbo 4.5 Ghz||New cell||GPU||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 4 GB GDDR6||New cell||RAM||8 GB DDR4 SDRAM||New cell||Storage||512 GB SSD NVME||New cell||Extra||Backlit Keyboard, Enhanced Thermals|
No Wifi 6, No Lan port, 60Hz screen and minor with old wifi technology. Victus by HP 15 Gaming Laptop with its 12th Gen Intel Core i5-12500H processor, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 graphics card, 8 GB RAM, and 512 GB SSD, this laptop delivers the performance you need to play your favorite games with ease.
Overall, the Victus by HP 15 Gaming Laptop is good choice for gamers who demand performance and value. With its powerful hardware, Full HD display, backlit keyboard and enhanced thermals, this laptop delivers your favorite games with ease. Note that display in laptop with 60hHz doesn’t mean that you can’t play games above 60 FPS. It depends on your CPU & GPU.
Acer Nitro 5 – Ryzen Edition
|Features||Specs||Pros||Cons||New cell||Network||Intel Killer Ethernet, Killer Wifi 6||New cell||Display||17.3″ LED, (1920 x 1080) pixels 60Hz||New cell||CPU||Ryzen 5 5600H, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, Turbo 4.2 GHz||New cell||GPU||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB GDDR6||New cell||RAM||8 GB DDR4 SDRAM||New cell||Storage||512 GB SSD NVME||New cell||Extra||Backlit Keyboard|
This laptop features an AMD Ryzen 5 5600H | Hexa Core processor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 and a turbo boost up to 4.2 GHz. The Acer Nitro 5 Ryzen Edition has Nvidia GTX 1650 which is good in Video Editing & High Profile Gaming it’s tested in High FPS games like Genshin Impact.
What to Look in the Gaming Laptops Under $800
When shopping for the best gaming laptops under 800 dollars, there are several factors that you should consider, such as:
- Processor: The processor is the brain of your laptop, and it determines how fast it can run multiple tasks and applications at once. For gaming, you want a processor that has at least Hexa cores and higher clock speed. Some of the best processors for gaming laptops are the Intel Core i5-11400H, the AMD Ryzen 5 5600H, and the Intel Core i5-12500HX.
- Graphics Card: The graphics card is the component that renders the images and animations on your screen and it affects the quality and smoothness of your gaming experience. For gaming, you want a GPU that has at least 4 GB of dedicated memory (VRAM) and supports DirectX 12 or higher. Some of the best graphics cards for gaming laptops under $800 are the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650, the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 Ti, and the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060.
- RAM: The RAM is the memory that stores the data and instructions that your processor needs to access quickly. For gaming, you want at least 8 GB of RAM, preferably DDR4 or DDR5 type, which are faster and more efficient than DDR3. Having more RAM will allow you to run multiple programs and games simultaneously without lagging or crashing.
- Storage: The storage is the space where you store your files, programs, and games on your laptop. For gaming, you want at least 256 GB of storage, preferably SSD (solid state drive) type, which are faster and more reliable than HDD (hard disk drive) type. Having more storage will allow you to install more games and load them faster.
- Display: The display is the screen where you view your games and other content on your laptop. For gaming, you want a display that has at least a full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels), which will provide sharper and clearer images. You also want a display that has a high refresh rate (at least 60 Hz), which will reduce screen tearing and stuttering during fast-paced games. Some of the best displays for best gaming laptops under 800 dollars are IPS (in-plane switching) type, which have wider viewing angles and better color accuracy than TN (twisted nematic) type.
- Battery Life: The battery life is the amount of time that your laptop can run on a single charge. For gaming, you want a battery life that can last at least 4 hours on average use, which will give you enough time to play some games without plugging in. However, keep in mind that gaming laptops tend to consume more power than regular laptops, so you may need to lower your settings or brightness to extend your battery life.
Gaming laptops are a great way to enjoy your favorite PC games on the go, without compromising on performance or graphics quality. In this article, we have shown you how to choose the best gaming laptops under $800 in 2023, based on the most important features, requirements and specifications that you should look for.
We have also reviewed some of the best gaming laptops that are available in the market right now, and compared their pros and cons, so you can make an informed decision. We hope that this article has helped you to find the best gaming laptop under 800 dollars that meets your needs and preferences. Happy gaming!